Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Found this on Kristina Vanni’s Better Recipes and just knew I had to try them. ***These are a little tricky to make but do make a tasty treat. The chill time is not included in cook time and prep time is estimated as I forgot to check my start time.
- 12 strawberries
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chianti wine
- sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Wash and hull strawberries. Using a corer or paring knife, core out the white parts of the strawberry leaving the red intact without holes. Set aside (with original stems, if desired).
- Heat the heavy cream in a heavy skillet over medium heat until softly bubbling about 3 minutes **Do Not Boil**.
- Remove from heat and add the dark chocolate chips stiring with a wooden spoon. When the chocolate is fully melted, add the red wine, stir until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate into the strawberry shells.
- Using a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath, stand the strawberries up, pushing slightly into the cooling rack so they are sturdy.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve topped with original stems and whipped cream.