Found this on Kristina Vanni’s Better Recipes and just knew I had to try them. ***These are a little tricky to make but do make a tasty treat. The chill time is not included in cook time and prep time is estimated as I forgot to check my start time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and hull strawberries. Using a corer or paring knife, core out the white parts of the strawberry leaving the red intact without holes. Set aside (with original stems, if desired).
- 2Heat the heavy cream in a heavy skillet over medium heat until softly bubbling about 3 minutes **Do Not Boil**.
- 3Remove from heat and add the dark chocolate chips stiring with a wooden spoon. When the chocolate is fully melted, add the red wine, stir until smooth.
- 4Spoon the chocolate into the strawberry shells.
- 5Using a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath, stand the strawberries up, pushing slightly into the cooling rack so they are sturdy.
- 6Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- 7Serve topped with original stems and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Ganache-Stuffed Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g