Recipe by ~Bekah~
Yes, another roast recipe, but SO VERY GOOD!!! TRY IT!
Top Review by Audrey M
This was outstanding. The beef was tender and the gravy was delicious. Next time, I will let out the rosemary for it did give a stronger flavor to the beef. Served it with mashed potatoes and butter glazed carrots. I didn't add the water because the 2 cups of wine was plenty. With crockpot cooking, you don't need as much liquid.
- 2 cups red wine (or more! It's good for you!)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 4 lbs trimmed beef roast
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in crock pot and season with pepper.
- Mix rest of ingredients together and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Remove roast to rest on platter.
- Turn crock pot to high.
- Whisk cornstarch into juices to thicken.
- This makes a wonderfully tasty au jus, or over mashed potatoes.
- You can easily make additions to this: garlic, pearl onions, mushrooms etc.