Recipe by Margaret R.
I love roast cooked in red wine as it adds such a rich flavor to the meat. This is perfect when the weather starts getting cool and you want something easy and comforting.
- new potato, quartered, enough to cover the bottom of your crock pot
- 226.79 g baby carrots
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into wedges
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1814.36 g bottom round steaks or 1814.36 g rump roast
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 226.79 g packagebaby bella mushrooms (optional)
- 44.37 ml flour
- cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer potatoes, carrots, and onions at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add garlic and sprinkle thyme and rosemary to cover the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper the roast, then sear all over to seal in moisture.
- Place roast over vegetables, and pour in wine and beef stock.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or until meat is tender, turning the meat half way through.
- Dissolve flour by shaking in a jar with just enough cold water to dissolve it completely.
- Remove the meat to a plate and pour dissolved flour into the crock pot along with mushrooms. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes or until gravy achieves a good consistency.
- Slice roast and replace to crock pot to keep warm for serving.