5 hrs 20 mins
5 hrs 12 mins
Chef #1305784's Note:
I love roast cooked in red wine as it adds such a rich flavor to the meat. This is perfect when the weather starts getting cool and you want something easy and comforting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- new potato, quartered, enough to cover the bottom of your crock pot
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 lbs bottom round steaks or 4 lbs rump roast
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- cold water
- 1Layer potatoes, carrots, and onions at the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Add garlic and sprinkle thyme and rosemary to cover the vegetables.
- 3Salt and pepper the roast, then sear all over to seal in moisture.
- 4Place roast over vegetables, and pour in wine and beef stock.
- 5Cook on high for 5 hours or until meat is tender, turning the meat half way through.
- 6Dissolve flour by shaking in a jar with just enough cold water to dissolve it completely.
- 7Remove the meat to a plate and pour dissolved flour into the crock pot along with mushrooms. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes or until gravy achieves a good consistency.
- 8Slice roast and replace to crock pot to keep warm for serving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 47.9 g