Recipe by Flacucia
This recipe is courtesy of Tasty. It's a choclate cake that has a secret: RED WINE! Presented by Bravo's New Series, Recipe for Deception. (https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty/videos/1708792489373393/) I modified the recipe to make it low carb friendly. Enjoy!
For the Cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup erythritol
- 3⁄4 cup truvia brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup swerve powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C degrees. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in (or fold by hand) the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with the wine in 2 additions (starting and ending with the flour). Do not overmix.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then turn it out and let it cool completely.
- Store cake at room temperature in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Cake can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- For the Glaze: Add the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds. Sir. Add red wine. Stir. Add powdered sugar. Stir. Spoon over the cooled cake.