Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Received from a friend.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic in oil until tender.
- Place chicken in the skillet, and cook about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Drain oil from skillet. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and 1 cup brown sugar. Pour red wine around chicken.
- Cover, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes; lightly baste chicken with wine sauce while cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
We too like this recipe with half the sugar. Served over rice or noodles with a side of green beans and you have yourself one terrific meal. Thanx for sharing!
I wish I would have read the other reviews before making. We thought this was way too sweet as written. I did use Splenda brown sugar but I think 1 cup is way to much sugar. I like sweet but that was all you could taste. My hubby ate it but the kids wouldn't. If I make again I would definately cut way back on the sugar.
With some changes this was great. I used 1/4 cup of splenda brown sugar instead of 1 cup regular brown sugar and 1 cup red wine. Even with the less amount of sugar I found this chicken dish very sweet, but excellent. Oh yeah, I used about 3 tbs of garlic... but I always over load on garlic lol.