Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious recipe of my own creation that owes much to other recipes I've gathered from other users on this website. One of the great things about this dish is its flexibility. Each time I make this dish I do it a little bit differently depending upon what I have available in the house and how I'm feeling that particular day, and each time it has still come out delicious!
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut chicken breast into 1-inch cubes.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and any other desired seasoning to bowl.
- Toss chicken cubes in bowl until evenly coated.
- Dice garlic and onions and set aside in separate bowl.
- Heat up oil and butter in a large skillet and then add chicken.
- Brown chicken until all sides of the cubes are golden but not cooked through, around two minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, onions and mushrooms to pan and let cook for two minutes until aromatic.
- Add wine, chicken broth, soy sauce and chicken pieces to pan. Turn down heat and let simmer for ten to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. If sauce is still a little thin, remove chicken and reduce sauce by bringing to a boil until it reaches desired thickness. Serve over rice and enjoy!