Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is used with beef casserole base (#48835). It's fantastically delicious and once the beef base is done it is so quick and easy to prepare.
- In a hot pan on the stove cook the bacon until browned.
- Add carrots and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in mushrooms and thawed beef base.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and serve.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes.
Made this casserole as a one off by down sizing the base. Enjoyed by everyone. Thanks.
Wonderful Flavor - I have also tried The"Diana Sauce"-excellent, and now look forward to the "Mexican". I defrosted a portion of the base recipe and had dinner ready in 15 minutes - tasted great it truely is like having a freshly made casserole without waiting hours to cook it- I usually do not like red wine with beef but this combination was very good - I used a California Merlot. I did drain off nearly all the bacon grease before continuing with the steps. Had to use dried thyme -the weather was too snowy to venture out. I will keep a supply of recipew#48835 Beef Casserole base recipe in my freezer at all times for a quick tasty meal Thanks Dale