This recipe is used with beef casserole base (#48835). It's fantastically delicious and once the beef base is done it is so quick and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a hot pan on the stove cook the bacon until browned.
- 2Add carrots and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- 3Add wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4Stir in mushrooms and thawed beef base.
- 5Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the lid and simmer another 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in thyme and serve.
- 8Goes well with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g