Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such a wonderful cake used with Merlot wine!
Make and share this Red Wine Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons red wine
- Mix cake mix then bake according to cake mix instructions.
- For the glaze, mix together in a bowl then pour over warm cake and serve.
This cake had lots of flavor and was very easy to make. I had some red wine I needed to use up and thought this would be perfect.
A very good, simple cake. I skipped the glaze and instead frosted it with a Swiss Buttercream, which went with it nicely. This cake is very dense!
I didn't use the glaze recipe for this. Just used regular store bought white icing. This is different. Not bad, just different. I think it may be better with a sweeter wine, like White Zinfandale instead of red wine. I agree that it is VERY MOIST.