Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this when FIL discovered some of his Bordeaux bottles were slightly over... Found it in an old Thermomix cookbook. A simple recipe, but very tasty.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into a well greased 10 1/4 '' spring form pan and bake 1 hour.
- Gently cut around the rim to prevent the cake from sticking to the rim, then let cool completely before removing the ring.
- Serve with whipped cream or whatever topping or frosting you like (we had it without topping).
Fantastic cake! First, I don't recall making such a delicious cake in such a simple manner -- placing all ingredients in a food processor! I admit I had my doubts! I'm also not familiar with measuring flour in pounds! And yet I kept going. I have to say that the result is one superb cake! Even without the ground pecans I found on my countertop later on way after it had been baking! Oops! This is so simple and utterly delicious that I will make this my go-to cake for emergencies! This would be lovely served with some freshly whipped cream. This is going into my best of 2010 cookbook. Thanks, Mia! Made for ZWT6 German Chocolate Challenge.