Recipe by bunkie68
This recipe comes from Suzanne Somers' book Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away. We often serve this sauce over steak, with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms - it's so good, I could eat it with a spoon!
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lb butter, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shallots, wine, and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated and becomes thick and syrupy.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Increase heat to high, but don't let the sauce boil.
- Add the butter and continue to whisk until all the butter is incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Don't cook with any wine you wouldn't drink!