Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Suzanne Somers' book Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away. We often serve this sauce over steak, with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms - it's so good, I could eat it with a spoon!
- Combine shallots, wine, and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated and becomes thick and syrupy.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Increase heat to high, but don't let the sauce boil.
- Add the butter and continue to whisk until all the butter is incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Don't cook with any wine you wouldn't drink!