This recipe comes from Suzanne Somers' book Eat, Cheat and Melt the Fat Away. We often serve this sauce over steak, with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms - it's so good, I could eat it with a spoon!
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shallots, wine, and vinegar in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated and becomes thick and syrupy.
- 3Add heavy cream and mix well.
- 4Increase heat to high, but don't let the sauce boil.
- 5Add the butter and continue to whisk until all the butter is incorporated.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7NOTE: Don't cook with any wine you wouldn't drink!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (832 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2413.1
- Calories from Fat 2343
- Total Fat 260.3 g
- Saturated Fat 164.7 g
- Cholesterol 705.5 mg
- Sodium 1768.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g