Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is one of my top 2 dishes that I make. I am mainly putting here so I dont lose it.
Make and share this Red Wine Braised Short Ribs (The Best I Have Ever Tasted) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 beef short ribs or 2494.75 g beef short ribs
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3-4 celery ribs, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 750 ml bottle merlot
- 591.47 ml beef stock
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and brown ribs on all sides. Remove ribs and set aside.
- Place celery, carrots and onion into the heavy pan. Cook for appx 15 minute Add garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, parsley and tomato sauce and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Deglaze pan with vinegar. Add wine and beef broth. Cook and reduce by appx half.
- Add ribs back into the pan with wine reduction sauce. Place in oven and bake covered @ 325 for appx 2 1/2 -3 hours or until a sharp knife inserted give no resistance when poked.
- Served over whipped potatoes.