- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add red wine and olive oil. Mix until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and shape two logs, 10 inches long and 3 inches wide. Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with seseame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice each log into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Turn off the oven, and place slices back on baking sheet. Let them crisp up in the oven as it cools.