Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a recipe I created on my own. It is so simple, just prepare the ingredients, throw them in the crock pot before work and when you come home you will have the most tender roast beef you have ever eaten!
- 907.18-1360.77 g chuck arm pot roast or 907.18-1360.77 g blade roast
- 3 slice thick cut bacon, diced
- 226.79 g portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 473.18 ml dry red wine (Cab Sauv. or Merlot)
- 1 large onion, quartered then halved
- 411.06 g can beef broth
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml flour
- 236.59 ml cold water
- Place roast in crock pot and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy.
- Add mushrooms, wine, onion, broth, and thyme to the crock pot with the roast while you are waiting for the bacon to cook.
- When the bacon is done, add it to the crock pot and give it a good stir to mix all of the flavors together.
- Set your crock pot at low for 7-8hrs.
- I recommend at least 8 hours because your roast will become soo tender it will literally fall apart as you try to remove it from the dish.
- If your roast seems tough yet, just give it a little more time, it will only get more tender the longer it cooks.
- Remove the roast and transfer the remaining sauce to a sauce pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup of flour with 1 cup of cold water.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the remaining sauce while whisking over med high heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve gravy over mashed potatoes.
This was okay....too much thyme, maybe reduce by half next time.
This was the best! So easy and the most delicious dinner. I served with mashed potatoes and made the gravy as mentioned and it was great! Put some steamed greenbeans next to it and it was wonderful. ~L