8 hrs 20 mins
This is a recipe I created on my own. It is so simple, just prepare the ingredients, throw them in the crock pot before work and when you come home you will have the most tender roast beef you have ever eaten!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chuck arm pot roast or 2 -3 lbs blade roast
- 3 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups dry red wine (Cab Sauv. or Merlot)
- 1 large onion, quartered then halved
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1Place roast in crock pot and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook bacon in skillet until crispy.
- 3Add mushrooms, wine, onion, broth, and thyme to the crock pot with the roast while you are waiting for the bacon to cook.
- 4When the bacon is done, add it to the crock pot and give it a good stir to mix all of the flavors together.
- 5Set your crock pot at low for 7-8hrs.
- 6I recommend at least 8 hours because your roast will become soo tender it will literally fall apart as you try to remove it from the dish.
- 7If your roast seems tough yet, just give it a little more time, it will only get more tender the longer it cooks.
- 8Remove the roast and transfer the remaining sauce to a sauce pan.
- 9Mix 1/2 cup of flour with 1 cup of cold water.
- 10Gradually add flour mixture to the remaining sauce while whisking over med high heat until sauce thickens.
- 11Serve gravy over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine and Mushroom Crock Pot Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 979.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.9 g