Easy to make sauce which I love to serve with meatballs and mashed potatoes! The amount of garlic used should be tailored to your preference and I recommend that it is sliced to add some texture to the sauce along with the onion. Mashed potato or fresh bread is recommended to soak up all the sauce from your plate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep pan (suitable to include the sauce and whatever you plan to serve the sauce with), heat the olive oil.
- 2Finely chop the onion and add the garlic finely chopped, sliced, crushed or a combination and fry until onion is cooked.
- 3Add the wine and bring to the boil, letting it boil for 30-40 seconds.
- 4Add the water, stock cube and chives.
- 5Mix until the stock cube has dissolved then reduce the heat.
- 6Simmer over a medium low heat for 10-15 minutes so that the liquid reduces by a quarter (approx).
- 7Season with salt and pepper and reduce the heat further.
- 8Mix the cornflour with a little cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken it slightly.
- 9Once the sauce is made, add the meat or veggies that you plan to marinade in it and leave it in there for 5 minutes to absorb the flavour.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine and Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock cubes