Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cookie recipe comes from one of Diane Mott Davidson's mystery novels. It's one of our favorite cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 36 small strawberries or 36 small maraschino cherries, halved
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add in vanilla and mix well. Gradually stir in flour.
- Shape dough into 1/2 TB sized balls. Use thumb to make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Place berry or cherry half into the indentation.
- Bake cookies for 12-18 minutes at 350°. Do not overbake and brown.
This was such an easy recipe and the cookies come out great. It is like having small strawberry shortcakes, thanks they were delicious