The thought came to me, out of nowhere, to see what kind of pasta salad I could create with a box of mac 'n' cheese. Got so tired of the stuff back in college that I wouldn't eat it for at least 10 years. It's still not high on my list, but this is a real different presentation. I used light products since I'm always watching my weight, but if you want to "go full fat" feel free. There's no mayo in this, and no chopped up onions, because I don't particularly care for either of those. Anyway, I'd like to know what you think. Folks at work enjoyed it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) box white cheddar macaroni and cheese mix (the dry kind)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and very finely diced
- 1/2 cup very finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 radishes, slivered
- 1Chop up veggies and refrigerate.
- 2Cook pasta per package directions and drain very well.
- 3While pasta is cooking, blend together the packet of cheese powder and the sour cream.
- 4Blend in the milk.
- 5Add spices and mix well.
- 6In a medium size bowl mix the dressing with the drained pasta and chopped veggies.
- 7Refrigerate several hours.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red White 'n' Cheese Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 368.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine worcestershire sauce