Recipe by ReeLani
The thought came to me, out of nowhere, to see what kind of pasta salad I could create with a box of mac 'n' cheese. Got so tired of the stuff back in college that I wouldn't eat it for at least 10 years. It's still not high on my list, but this is a real different presentation. I used light products since I'm always watching my weight, but if you want to "go full fat" feel free. There's no mayo in this, and no chopped up onions, because I don't particularly care for either of those. Anyway, I'd like to know what you think. Folks at work enjoyed it.
Top Review by Laura O.
I love pasta salad, and this is a deliciously different way to make it. Nice and flavorful with all the spices. I omitted the radishes and the red pepper and just used regular worcestershire sauce. I will definitely be making this again.
- 1 (7 1/3 ounce) boxwhite cheddar macaroni and cheese mix (the dry kind)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and very finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup very finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 radishes, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up veggies and refrigerate.
- Cook pasta per package directions and drain very well.
- While pasta is cooking, blend together the packet of cheese powder and the sour cream.
- Blend in the milk.
- Add spices and mix well.
- In a medium size bowl mix the dressing with the drained pasta and chopped veggies.
- Refrigerate several hours.