Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Hubby is in the ARMY, so I like to find cute "theme" recipes to make for him.
- 1 cup butter, sweet,softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 36 small blueberries
- 36 small strawberries, ripe,hulled halved
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the cream cheese until well blended.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla, then stir in the flour until well mixed.
- Using a 1/2 tablespoon measure, shape the mixture into small balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Make a small dent in the top of each cookie and carefully place a blueberry and a strawberry half, cut side down, in each indentation.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 18 mins or until very lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
This is a moist fancy cookie that I found to be easy to make. My friend is getting married on July 3rd, her theme is (Rustic) Patriotic. Her reception is in a museum barn. I thought these would be a beautiful addition to the Famous Pittsburgh Cookie Table. So far my family loved them. I also tried sprinkling them with granulated sugar & powered sugar. They are so pretty I took pictures. Thanks for a great fancy cookie!
It tastes good, but I wish the author had been more descriptive of how to indent the cookies. My batch does not look that great, but they do taste well enough. Maybe it just has something to do with my substituting the butter with olive oil (think mine came out more crumbly).