Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A patriotic treat, thanks to Mr. Food!
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup milk (Or 2 cups could be used if you like a thinner milk shake)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, and strawberry preserves.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well combined.
- Pour into 4 glasses and top each with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Top with the blueberries and serve immediately.
- LIGHTEN IT UP: If you prefer to make a lighter version, simply use nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt in place of the ice cream, and low-fat milk and light whipped topping in place of the traditional varieties.
- This can also be made dairy-free by using Tofutti and soy milk in place of the ice cream and milk and leaving out the whipped topping!
This was wonderful !!! I've never thought of putting preserves into my milkshakes..this opens up a whole new DELICIOUS world !! Great consistency, awesome, bright strawberry flavor with the tang of blueberries...I couldn't be more pleased --A great recipe that is going to be put to plenty of use this summer with my Mom's homemade strawberry ice cream...Thank you for a fabulous recipe!! Teresa
Very colorful and my DS's thought it was very good! Thank you Kree