1/1 Photo of Red, White & Bleu Potato Salad
This is a perfect potato salad for patriotic holidays or any day, really. This is my modification of a recipe I found here on the Zaar. The original was posted by evelyn/athens and can be found here: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Blue-Cheese-Potato-Salad-68007. ***I add no salt to this recipe other than while cooking potatoes, so use as you see fit.***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g red potatoes
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise (I use Veganaise)
- 158.51 ml plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard (or spicy brown)
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 113.39 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 158.51 ml celery, chopped small
- 158.51 ml diced onion (red or white)
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 14.79 ml fresh dill, minced
- 6-8 piece turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (pig bacon works great too)
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, with tops, thinly sliced
- 1Boil potatoes until tender; drain and cool for comfortable handling.
- 2Cut into 1 inch pieces, leave skin on.
- 3Transfer to large bowl, add ice to chill.
- 4In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients except green onions and mix well.
- 5Drain chilled potatoes, add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- 6Let stand in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving, can be made a day ahead of time.
- 7Before serving, mix one final time and sprinkle green onion on top for garnish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White & Bleu Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 698.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: