Recipe by janthemansnakeroberts
This is a perfect potato salad for patriotic holidays or any day, really. This is my modification of a recipe I found here on the Zaar. The original was posted by evelyn/athens and can be found here: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Blue-Cheese-Potato-Salad-68007. ***I add no salt to this recipe other than while cooking potatoes, so use as you see fit.***
Top Review by kmn24
SOOO Yummy!!! Used pig bacon and didn't use all of the garlic called for but everyone raved about it. Will be a staple to replace my old potato salad. Next time I am going to roast the potatoes instead of boiling them.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (I use Veganaise)
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or spicy brown)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped small
- 2⁄3 cup diced onion (red or white)
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 6 -8 pieces turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (pig bacon works great too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, with tops, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and cool for comfortable handling.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces, leave skin on.
- Transfer to large bowl, add ice to chill.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients except green onions and mix well.
- Drain chilled potatoes, add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving, can be made a day ahead of time.
- Before serving, mix one final time and sprinkle green onion on top for garnish.