1 hr 15 mins
A new twist on a marinated bean salad! Simple and easy to prepare, yet very delicious and free of refined sugars. Great for a dinner party or potluck supper. Cook time is actually chill time.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 naval oranges
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 439.41 g can red kidney beans
- 439.41 g can great northern beans
- 59.14 ml chopped red bell pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped green peppers or 59.14 ml yellow bell pepper
- 5 slice thin purple onions, quartered
- 709.77 ml romaine lettuce, coarsely shredded or chopped or 946.36 ml spring mixed salad greens
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- 1Rinse beans and drain well.
- 2Place in medium bowl.
- 3Add all bell pepper, carrots, and the purple onion.
- 4Mix all Dressing ingredients together, and pour over the bean mixture.
- 5Toss to mix.
- 6Peel oranges, remove sections.
- 7Cut sections in half and place on top of the bean mixture, but do not toss.
- 8Refrigerate 1 hour to chill.
- 9Can be refrigerated overnight.
- 10When ready to serve, you can make one large bowl of salad or make individual salads.
- 11ONE LARGE BOWL: Add lettuce to the bean-orange mixture, and toss to dress salad.
- 12Optionally scatter cheese on top.
- 13Serve with slotted spoon.
- 14INDIVIDUAL SALADS: Toss the bean-orange mixture.
- 15Place lettuce on each plate.
- 16Using a slotted spoon, place the bean mixture on the lettuce.
- 17Optionally scatter cheese on each plate.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 141.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar