Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love pesto and sundried tomatoes...this is another winery recipe.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Pour hot water over tomatoes and let sit until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Cook pasta according to package,drain in colander.
- Drain tomatoes,reserving liquid.
- Puree tomatoes in blender until smooth,using reserved liquid if needed.
- Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until soft (about 5 minutes) Add flour and stir.
- Cook until flour starts to stick to pan (about 2 minutes) Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Cook until mixture is thickened (3 to 5 minutes) Add sundried tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Combine pesto and ricotta cheese in small bowl.
- Cover bottom of 9X13 baking dish with olive oil.
- Arrange noodles over oil,covering bottom of pan completely.
- Spread half of ricotta mixture over noodle layer,top with 1 cup mozzeralla.
- Arrange second layer of noodles over cheese.
- Top with half of the sun-dried tomato sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Repeat both layers,ending with mozzerella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes,until hot throughout.
- Serve with Sauvignon Blanc wine.
I needed to cook more lasagne to be able to cover my pan and get sufficient layers. I need another 4 ounces. The taste was fantastic. Very tasty, light, throughly enjoyed by everyone who tried it. I used sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, so much better than the ordinary dried. I skipped step 1 and 3.
Very GOOD. Definitly a nice change from regular red sauce lasagna.
This is the best lasagna I have ever eaten !! We had vegetarian relatives over for the holidays , & they raved about it !! I used oil packed tomatoes instead of water packed. I put sliced fresh tomatoes on the top for more color. A new favorite !!