Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
This colorful salad serves 20, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. It can easily be scaled down to serve less. The recipe is from a December 1985 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking for Friends" section.
- 12 cups fresh green beans (about 4 lbs., strings removed, and quartered)
- 8 cups cooked great northern beans or 8 cups cannellini beans, drained
- 72 radishes, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped green onions (white and some of green tops)
- 2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until just tender,3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again and pat dry with towel.
- Transfer to large bowl, add Great Northern beans, radishes,green onions and parsley.
- Combine garlic,oil,vinegar,lemon juice and salt and pepper in small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add to beans and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.