Leslie in Texas's Note:
This colorful salad serves 20, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. It can easily be scaled down to serve less. The recipe is from a December 1985 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking for Friends" section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups fresh green beans (about 4 lbs., strings removed, and quartered)
- 8 cups cooked great northern beans or 8 cups cannellini beans, drained
- 72 radishes, washed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped green onions (white and some of green tops)
- 2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cook green beans in boiling salted water until just tender,3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again and pat dry with towel.
- 3Transfer to large bowl, add Great Northern beans, radishes,green onions and parsley.
- 4Combine garlic,oil,vinegar,lemon juice and salt and pepper in small bowl and whisk to blend.
- 5Add to beans and toss gently.
- 6Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red,white and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g