Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice gift idea especially for patriotic holidays. Tie a red/white/blue ribbon around the jar and add it to a gift basket along with a box of sparklers, miniature flags, coffee mugs and gourmet coffee. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Gifts for Giving.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Pour into a one-pint wide-mouth jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients in the order listed; firmly pack after each addition.
- Cover with lid and attach following instructions: removed walnuts, dried cherries, and chocolate chips from the jar and put in a small mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream 1/3 cup butter; add in dry ingredients from jar; stir to blend.
- Add in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract; beat to combine.
- Gently stir in walnuts, dried cherries, and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 14-16 minutes.