1/1 Photo of Red, White and Blueberry Tart
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from Splenda.com. It is very easy to make and delicious. A great summertime treat for fresh berries and the presentation is so elegant. This would be a great tart for the 4th of July. The recipe calls for a premade crust. I used Flaky Pie Crust Flaky Pie Crust by Teresa M.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 single pie crust (Premade or make your own.)
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1For the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees, fit the crust into a 9-inch tart pan.
- 2Trim the edges to top of tart pan, line with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- 3Bake 10 minutes; remove the weights and foil, continue baking an additional 5 minutes or until crust is golden.
- 4Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 5For the filling, combine the Splenda, cornstarch, salt, milk and eggs in a heavy saucepan; wisk until the mixture is smooth.
- 6Over medium heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly; reduce heat to low and cook for 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
- 7Beat the Neufchatel cheese until light and fluffy and gradually add the hot custard mixture to beaten cheese, beating until well blended.
- 8Stir in the vanilla and spoon filling into cooled tart shell.
- 9Lightly press plastic wrap on pie surface; allow to cool completely.
- 10While the filling is cooling, sprinkle the gelatin over cold water in a small saucepan; stir and let stand 1 minute.
- 11Stir in the Splenda and lemon juice; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- 12Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- 13Cut the strawberries in half and arrange in 2 rows from the outside of tart in, spoon the blueberries in the center.
- 14Lightly spoon the cooled glazed over the berries, chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blueberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 299.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: