Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I adapted this one from a recipe I found in Light & Tasty. There's hardly any sugar, and you really don't miss it!
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and extract until smooth; spread onto bottom of pastry shell.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Mash the strawberries and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Top with blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw first.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
This was enjoyed by all as a July 4th treat.... My dad, who doesn't eat strawberries or blueberries, said this was a wonderful pie and went back for seconds and thirds... He even ate some of what was left over the next day.... We were all outside enjoying the 4th and this was a great red/white/blue addition.... I didn't mash my strawberries up all the way and loved the chunkiness it had....