Recipe by Redsie
From "Cakes from Scratch in Half the Time". Made this for July 14 - fete des francais (French Birthday).
Top Review by Lawsome
My family really enjoyed this cake - the yogurt topping was great! It is neat how it is layered: cake, berries and topping. I had a little problem with the cook-time, which could have just been a problem on my end. I baked it for about 45 minutes, and, though the top looked right, the cake layer in the center was still not done. However, the rest was very good!
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml soft unsalted butter
- 113.39 g soft cream cheese
- 236.59 ml sugar, divided
- 354.88 ml sifted cake flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 946.36 ml fresh berries (including raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 473.18 ml vanilla yogurt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 400°F Spritz a 10-inch springform pan with Baker's Joy. Place the unbroken eggs in a bowl of hot tap water for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 egg, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix thoroughly, then pour into the prepared pan. Arrange the fruit on top. Rinse out the bowl, and add the yogurt, cornstarch, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and remaining 2 egg yolks. Whisk thoroughly, then spread on top of the cake.
- Bake until the crust is light brown around the edges and the middle is still a little jiggly, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool thoroughly. Once the cake is cool, run a thin-bladed knife around the perimeter, and remove the sides of the pan. Serve at room temperature or chilled.