Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so pretty! It's such a conversation piece! Be the first on your block to bring this to any kind of gathering. It's full of fresh fruits!
- In medium bowl, combine milk and pudding, mix and whisk for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Cut the thawed pound cake into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large glass bowl, layer 1/2 of of the cake cubes, 1/2 of the fruit, and 1/2 of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
I have been making this for years and it is always GONE when I take it somewhere. I always used vanilla pudding, but when I lost my recipe and was looking for it (couldn't remember how much milk!) I ran across this and I'm dying to try it with the cheesecake flavored pudding! Haven't and won't add the nuts due to picky eaters. Making today for a party and I'm sure it will again take the show! Definitely adding the decorative flag for prestentation - very cool! Thanks for posting! I took this to the party using the cheesecake pudding and again got many requests for the recipe. Some wanted to know if I used cream cheese. Will keep using the cheesecake pudding.
Everyone always loves this dessert every time I make it. I skip the bananas and increase the other fruits. I also increase the milk to nearly a cup. This recipe is now a tradition for 4th of July and Memorial Day!
What a pretty dessert for the holiday. Or just when you feel patriotic. I did use 1 cup of whole milk as it was pretty thick and that turned out fine. It was good.