I found this recipe on the internet and am planning to make it for the 4th of July! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced banana
- Mix together milk and pudding mix and beat with wire whisk for 1-2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir the thawed whipped topping into the milk/pudding mixture.
- In large glass bowl, layer 1/2 of the cake cubes, 1/2 of the fruit and 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers, ending with pudding mixture. Chill at least 2 hours.
I would use 8oz of real cream cheese as well as vanilla flavored pudding mix. Instead of pound cake (it seems to be heavy) use lady fingers which are light and airy with a hint of lemon flavor that enhances the flavors of the fruit. Try to layer lady fingers on the bottom and up the sides leaving space for fruit in between, then fruit, cream lady finger (like layering lasanga) I would also suggest garnishing the top of the trifle with fanned strawberries and blueberries along the rim!!
This is a great easy recipe. I use a purchased angel food cake instead of the pound cake. It is delicious!
Made this way back for the 4th of July bar-b-q and forgot to rate it. It went together so easy and really looked pretty. The only thing I did a little differant was I just used a bavarian cream pudding recipe, and a grocery store angel food cake (couldn't find the frozen pound cake in our little store) placed it all in a trifle bowl and topped with mounds of fresh whipped cream. It was fast, easy, looked really pretty and was enjoyed by everyone. The perfect desert for a hot summer day when all those strawberries and blueberries and fresh from the garden - YUMMY! Thanks so much for posting.