Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I found this recipe on the internet and am planning to make it for the 4th of July! Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by angelbride06
I would use 8oz of real cream cheese as well as vanilla flavored pudding mix. Instead of pound cake (it seems to be heavy) use lady fingers which are light and airy with a hint of lemon flavor that enhances the flavors of the fruit. Try to layer lady fingers on the bottom and up the sides leaving space for fruit in between, then fruit, cream lady finger (like layering lasanga) I would also suggest garnishing the top of the trifle with fanned strawberries and blueberries along the rim!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together milk and pudding mix and beat with wire whisk for 1-2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir the thawed whipped topping into the milk/pudding mixture.
- In large glass bowl, layer 1/2 of the cake cubes, 1/2 of the fruit and 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers, ending with pudding mixture. Chill at least 2 hours.