Recipe by Rita~
Borage make this a beautiful salad adding the Blue. Dill complements the cucumbers and the borage as they have a slight cucumber flavor.
Top Review by paynetamaz
This is stunning! Having just celebrated Independence Day I wish I had seen this earlier! What a beautiful dish that I will make and serve OFTEN when my garden is blessing my family!
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated vidalia onion
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 10 borage, fresh edible flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except for the tomatoes and flowers. Chill well.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange them, overlapping, around the edge of a chilled serving platter.
- Mound the chilled cucumber mixture in the center of the platter, just covering the inner edge of the tomatoes.
- Place the borage flowers decoratively on the salad just before serving.