1/5 Photos of Red, White and Blue Salad
This is a colorful salad to impress your family and friends with your special taste for mixing the right foods to enhance a delicious combination of flavors. This recipe was created for the "Category Craze-E Contest! With the sub-category of Start with Salad at a Dinner Party! *NOTE: Now that the contest is over I have substituted blue berries for the peas which was one of the special must use ingredients, as suggested by Jen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (minced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (fresh)
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 3 pears (cored and diced)
- 1 cup strawberry (cleaned and sliced)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1Combine in a cruet olive oil, honey, tarragon & cider vinegar and shake well to mix. (Set aside).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a baking dish cut a piece of baker's parchment paper and line the bottom.
- 3Coarse chop walnuts. Place walnuts on top of the parchment paper in a single layer, spray with Pam cooking spray and toast for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Shake vinegarette well to mix up again.
- 5In a bowl gently mix baby spinach, blueberries, pears, walnuts and strawberries together with vinegarette mixture in cruet.
- 6Divide the salad mixture evenly between 6 plates and crumble blue cheese on to each salad.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blue Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 96.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g