1/5 Photos of Red, White and Blue Salad
This is a colorful salad to impress your family and friends with your special taste for mixing the right foods to enhance a delicious combination of flavors. This recipe was created for the "Category Craze-E Contest! With the sub-category of Start with Salad at a Dinner Party! *NOTE: Now that the contest is over I have substituted blue berries for the peas which was one of the special must use ingredients, as suggested by Jen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon (minced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (fresh)
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 3 pears (cored and diced)
- 1 cup strawberry (cleaned and sliced)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1Combine in a cruet olive oil, honey, tarragon & cider vinegar and shake well to mix. (Set aside).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a baking dish cut a piece of baker's parchment paper and line the bottom.
- 3Coarse chop walnuts. Place walnuts on top of the parchment paper in a single layer, spray with Pam cooking spray and toast for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Shake vinegarette well to mix up again.
- 5In a bowl gently mix baby spinach, blueberries, pears, walnuts and strawberries together with vinegarette mixture in cruet.
- 6Divide the salad mixture evenly between 6 plates and crumble blue cheese on to each salad.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blue Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 96.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g