Delicious spinach and fruit salad from Settings on the Dock of the Bay, a cookbook from the Assistance League of the Bay Area Texas. A wonderful cookbook, I picked this up at SurlaTable (better known as my happy place) while they were preparing recipes from the book.
- 1 lb spinach, trimmed (can use a bag of prewashed spinach)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry jelly, warmed
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Rinse the spinach and pat dry. Tear into pieces and place in salad bowl. Add the green onions and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle the top with almonds.
- Place the strawberries in the center.
- Surround the strawberries with blueberries.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top or arrange around the edge of the bowl.
- Serve with Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- To prepare Raspberry Vinaigrette, combine jelly, mustard, vinegars, liqueur, olive oil, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Cover and shake until blended. Store vinaigrette in the refrigerator.