1/3 Photos of Red, White and Blue Salad
Delicious spinach and fruit salad from Settings on the Dock of the Bay, a cookbook from the Assistance League of the Bay Area Texas. A wonderful cookbook, I picked this up at SurlaTable (better known as my happy place) while they were preparing recipes from the book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spinach, trimmed (can use a bag of prewashed spinach)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2/3 cup raspberry jelly, warmed
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Rinse the spinach and pat dry. Tear into pieces and place in salad bowl. Add the green onions and toss to mix well.
- 2Sprinkle the top with almonds.
- 3Place the strawberries in the center.
- 4Surround the strawberries with blueberries.
- 5Sprinkle the cheese over the top or arrange around the edge of the bowl.
- 6Serve with Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- 7To prepare Raspberry Vinaigrette, combine jelly, mustard, vinegars, liqueur, olive oil, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Cover and shake until blended. Store vinaigrette in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blue Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: