Recipe by moko7
I got this recipe off a combination package of Yukon Gold, Purple and Red potatoes. A great potato salad for July 4th. I've also substituted feta cheese for the blue cheese. The red, white and blue colors show up more if you don't peel the potatoes.
- 2 lbs small potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 -3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the potatoes in a large pot and add enough salted water to cover 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and cool. While the potatoes are cooling, prepare the dressing.
- In a medium bowl, blend half of the green onions with the sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, stone ground mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices or into chunky quarters and place into a large bowl.
- Add chilled dressing, blue cheese and remaining green onions; toss gently to cover all of the potato pieces. (Add additional blue cheese for a stronger flavor, if desired)
- Cover and chill for at least two hours, or up to one day. Flavors will continue to blend as the salad chills.