Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is an appetizer or dessert pizza that combines sweet with piquant. This is made on your outdoor grill, so be sure the racks are as clean as possible. If you don't enjoy blue cheese, this is not for you. Great served with white wine.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white nectarine, pitted
- 1 red plum, pitted
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- snipped fresh chives
- oil, to brush on grill grates
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 equal balls and roll each out on lightly floured surface to make 6" circles.
- Place dough circles on a baking sheet and brush both sides with oil.
- Remove dough from baking sheet and grill them a few minutes on each side until dough is cooked through with light grill marks. Timing depends on how your grill heats, so don't leave it unattended.
- Remove crusts and cool.
- Slice each fruit into 8 slices each.
- Oil the grates of your grill with a barbeque brush and cook fruit a few minutes on each side to lightly brown.
- Remove fruit from the grill and arrange fruit on the pizza crusts.
- Stir together vinegar and honey and drizzle on the fruit.
- Sprinkle the pizzas with blue cheese and walnuts.
- Place pizzas back on grill and close the lid to melt the cheese. Watch closely!
- Sprinkle with chives, allow to cool slightly and slice into appetizer size slices.