Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was from our local paper around the 4th of July, for a holiday snack. It was easy and delicious! You could probably sub. homemade granola for the pecan sandies and it would still be great. The prep time is a guess as I don't remember how long it took.
- Cap strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces and place them in small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over berries and stir. Use spoon to crush berries slightly so they will release juice. Set aside.
- Place cookies in zipper-top plastic bag and use rolling pin to crush them finely. Set aside.
- In small bowl or 2-cup measure, stir together 1/2 C of whipped topping and yogurt until well blended. Set aside.
- Divide cookie crumbs evenly in bottom of 4 parfait glasses or other dessert dishes (that hold at least 1 cup).
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over crumbs.
- Spoon yogurt mixture evenly over strawberries.
- Divide blueberries evenly, and scatter them over yogurt mixture in each dish.
- The dishes may be served at once or covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to serve, up to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, dollop 1 tsp of whipped topping on top of each dish as a garnish.
- Note: Plain shortbread cookies, vanilla wafers or butter cookies may be substituted for the pecan sandies.
I needed a quick and easy dessert for the 4th of July. This one was a hit! I used vanilla greek yogurt and sugar free Cool Whip. It was fast, easy, quick and delicious! Definitely a keeper!!!
I made this for the first time last year (sorry it took me so long to review). I loved it so much, I'm going to make it again this 4th of July...no doubt it is destined to become my signature patriotic dessert. It's easy, light and yummy!
A big hit! i brought all the different layers in separate containers to a party and let people make their own. it was like a healthier version of "make your own sundae". I also brought milk chocolate chips and pecans to mix in. Left out the sugar/strawberry crushing step to give it a more natural feel. Thanks so much for sharing! so easy!