1/6 Photos of Red, White and Blue Parfait
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This was from our local paper around the 4th of July, for a holiday snack. It was easy and delicious! You could probably sub. homemade granola for the pecan sandies and it would still be great. The prep time is a guess as I don't remember how long it took.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cap strawberries, cut into bite-size pieces and place them in small mixing bowl.
- 2Sprinkle sugar over berries and stir. Use spoon to crush berries slightly so they will release juice. Set aside.
- 3Place cookies in zipper-top plastic bag and use rolling pin to crush them finely. Set aside.
- 4In small bowl or 2-cup measure, stir together 1/2 C of whipped topping and yogurt until well blended. Set aside.
- 5Divide cookie crumbs evenly in bottom of 4 parfait glasses or other dessert dishes (that hold at least 1 cup).
- 6Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over crumbs.
- 7Spoon yogurt mixture evenly over strawberries.
- 8Divide blueberries evenly, and scatter them over yogurt mixture in each dish.
- 9The dishes may be served at once or covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to serve, up to 3 hours.
- 10Just before serving, dollop 1 tsp of whipped topping on top of each dish as a garnish.
- 11Note: Plain shortbread cookies, vanilla wafers or butter cookies may be substituted for the pecan sandies.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blue Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: