Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We had a block party for Memorial Day and I brought this jello dessert. You can buy the actual mold from www.kraftfoods.com/jello/ for $3.50. I got the jello mold free for buying jello at my local grocery store, which included several recipes. If you don't have the mold, use a pan that has a 10 cup capacity. Follow directions as closely as you can as the consistency of the jello is very important. Please note that you can use (2) 4 serving size packages or (1) 8 serving size packages of jello for the red and blue layers. This will be a hit at your next holiday gathering!
- 946.0 ml boiling water, divided
- 2 (170.09 g) packagejell-o brand berry blue gelatin mix
- 2 (170.09 g) packagejell-o brand gelatin powder, any red flavor
- 709.77 ml ice cold water, divided
- 85.04 g package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 226.79 g container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- ADD 1-1/2 cups boiling water to dry berry blue gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir at least 2 minutes until gelatin is dissolved. Dissolve dry red gelatin mix in 1-1/2 cups boiling water in separate bowl. Stir 1-1/2 cups ice cold water into dissolved gelatin in each bowl.
- SPRAY 10-cup flag mold with cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Pour red gelatin into mold. Refrigerate 45 minutes until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound). Meanwhile, refrigerate berry blue gelatin in bowl for 45 minutes.
- MEANWHILE, stir remaining 1 cup boiling water into dry lemon gelatin mix in bowl at least 2 minutes until dissolved. Refrigerate 25 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites), stirring occasionally. Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk. Gently spread over red gelatin in mold. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set but not firm. Gently spoon thickened berry blue gelatin over lemon gelatin mixture in mold.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Unmold.
I made this last year and just found the picture. I forgot to rate it. My pic didn't come out as professional as yours but it was delicious and very easy to make. Everyone loved it.
I have been making this recipe for years. I also got the Jello mold as a free promo. The recipe is delicious! I tried using spray whipped topping one year and it melted fast. I suggest you pipe on Cool Whip or another brand from a tub. Try this if you want to impress your friends.
I used vanilla ice cream in place of the whipped topping and it really adds depth. For other holidays or special events use other colours.