My mom has been making this simple and delicious dessert for years. You can easily make this for other holidays by using different colored gelatins (e.g. try black cherry and orange for Halloween). IMPORTANT: Make sure that the bottom two layers are chilled long enough to become firm and that the top layer is cool before pouring in step 4 or the top layer will go under the cream cheese layer and not make the pretty layered dessert that you want.
- Prepare berry blue jello according to directions on box. Pour into 13x9 baking dish and place in the refrigerator. Allow to chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Prepare lemon flavored gelatin using 1 cup of boiling water. Beat cream cheese slightly and then add the lemon gelatin mixture. Beat gelatin and cream cheese until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cream cheese mixture has cooled, fold in the whipped topping until mixed thoroughly. Pour this mixture over the firmly set bottom layer. Return to the refrigerator and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Prepare raspberry jello according to directions on box. Cool this mixture until room temperature and then pour over the middle cream cheese layer.
- Return the 3 layers to the refrigerator and chill until top layer is firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Top with a little whipped topping and a couple of blueberries, if desired.