Recipe by Mirj
Even though I don't live in the States anymore all the Americans in my community get together for the 4th of July, and this is what I always bring. It should be made in advance, you need lots of freezing time. Prep time includes freeze time.
Top Review by mydesigirl
Mirj!! I can't believe that this recipe has just sat here! It was delicious! I couldn't find blueberry ice cream to save my life so I turned to trusty Zaar and there it was! :) I used Kim D's Recipe #91781 and it was good. Easy to put together,creamy and delicious! I can see why it's so popular at your get together. Thanks for posting!!
- 1 pastry crust or 1 graham cracker crust, your choice
- 1 pint softened blueberry ice cream
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 pint softened strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the blueberry and cream ice cream in an even layer on the bottom of the piecrust.
- Top with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Top with the strawberry ice cream and smooth to form an even layer.
- Top with half of the blueberries.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Top with the whipped cream and the remaining berries.
- Serve immediately, or cover and freeze for up to 48 hours before serving.
- Let the pie sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.