This is a yearly tradition in my home since I found this recipe in TOH in 1994. My family and friends look forward to it every year. I make it only on the 4 of July or Memorial day, just because I love the idea of the tradition, but would be a great desert any time. I hope you like it as much as we have.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until fluffy.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a third of the mixture in a 4qt bowl.
- Reserve 20 strawberries halves and 1/2 cup of blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half of the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream mixture.
- Top with another third of the cream mixture and the remaining berries.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture on top.
- Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a flag on top.refrigerate.