Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yearly tradition in my home since I found this recipe in TOH in 1994. My family and friends look forward to it every year. I make it only on the 4 of July or Memorial day, just because I love the idea of the tradition, but would be a great desert any time. I hope you like it as much as we have.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until fluffy.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a third of the mixture in a 4qt bowl.
- Reserve 20 strawberries halves and 1/2 cup of blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half of the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream mixture.
- Top with another third of the cream mixture and the remaining berries.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture on top.
- Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a flag on top.refrigerate.
I usually don't write reviews but I was compelled to write one for this recipe. My family thoroughly enjoyed this! Let me say, as is, the recipe is great, I followed it exactly except I omitted the almond extract (my son has a tree nut allergy). I also put it in a graham cracker pie crust for a little extra crunch. It was wonderful and so easy!! Thank you, I will be making this again.
This was a big hit at the 4th of July BBQ & pool party with friends. I really enjoyed the use of cream cheese, as it gave the filling more substance & flavor than just whipped cream would have. Made exactly as written except I had to use all vanilla extract due to almond allergies. If I make it again just for my family we'll use the almond, as we are huge fans of that flavor. Thanks for sharing, Baby C!
I made this to take to work for the 4th of July and it was a BIG hit. It tastes almost like cheesecake with strawberries and blueberries. It was yummy and I'll be making it again.