Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is the first cheesecake I've ever made. No need to find another recipe.(Ever again) It is from a Gourmet magazine (1993). I have made several variations with the topping, like caramel and peaches, but nothing to change on the main cheesecake recipe. Try it! You will never regret!
For the crust
- 28 chocolate wafers, ground fine
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Make the crust:.
- In a bowl stir together the cookie crumbs and the butter until the mixture is combined well and pat the mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a 9 1/2-inch spring form pan. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling:.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F In a bowl with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy, add the sugar gradually, beating, and beat the mixture until it is combined well. Beat in the flour, add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the sour cream, the zests, the salt, and the vanilla, beating the filling until it is combined well.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake the cheesecake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. (The cheesecake will not be completely set; it will set as it cools.) Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake stand in the oven with the oven door propped open about 6 inches until it is cooled completely and remove the side of the pan.
- Arrange the raspberries on top of the cheesecake in a star shape and arrange the blueberries around the star to cover the top of the cheesecake.
Made this some time ago & am just now getting around to posting the review! What with working with some of the things I dearly love ~ chocolate, cream cheese, berries ~ this was a great cheesecake, & the presentation is outstanding! Will be making it again this next month for one of our park-wide potlucks! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Newest Zaar Tag]