1/3 Photos of Red, White and Blue Cheesecake With Chocolate Cookie Crust.
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is the first cheesecake I've ever made. No need to find another recipe.(Ever again) It is from a Gourmet magazine (1993). I have made several variations with the topping, like caramel and peaches, but nothing to change on the main cheesecake recipe. Try it! You will never regret!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 28 chocolate wafers, ground fine
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 1Make the crust:.
- 2In a bowl stir together the cookie crumbs and the butter until the mixture is combined well and pat the mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a 9 1/2-inch spring form pan. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- 3Make the filling:.
- 4Preheat the oven to 325°F In a bowl with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy, add the sugar gradually, beating, and beat the mixture until it is combined well. Beat in the flour, add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in the sour cream, the zests, the salt, and the vanilla, beating the filling until it is combined well.
- 5Pour the filling into the crust and bake the cheesecake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. (The cheesecake will not be completely set; it will set as it cools.) Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake stand in the oven with the oven door propped open about 6 inches until it is cooled completely and remove the side of the pan.
- 6Arrange the raspberries on top of the cheesecake in a star shape and arrange the blueberries around the star to cover the top of the cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red, White and Blue Cheesecake With Chocolate Cookie Crust.
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.9
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 279.6 mg
- Sodium 713.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g