Recipe by LAURIE
From a fitness website this burger is colorful and perfect for those "Patriotic Theme parties." Better for you, and flavorful too!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
These were very good, a gourmet burger while working with a patriotic theme. I had never roasted peppers on the grill before and was pleasantly suprised at how easy and tasty they turned out. The combination of roasted pepper, blue cheese and sweet onion on the burger was wonderful.
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 large sweet white onion (Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using your hands, lightly shape the ground sirloin into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Try to leave some air in the burger and avoid packing them too densely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly drizzle the red pepper quarters with olive oil.
- Cook the burgers on both sides over the hot grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium burgers.
- At the same time, grill the peppers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns with grilled red peppers, slices of sweet white onion and crumbled blue cheese.