Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from George Foreman’s grilling cookbook. I’m posting it for ZWT3.
- 1⁄2 large red onion, minced
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce maytag blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 ripe tomatoes
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 buns
- Combine the meat, onion and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- With wet fingers, shape into 4 patties for grilling and set aside.
- Mash the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter together with a fork and divide into 4 knobs.
- Stem the tomato and cut it in half. Scoop out the pulp and seeds and sliver the shell. Set aside.
- If cooking over charcoal, secure a strip of bacon around the edge of the burgers with a water-soaked toothpick.
- If cooking indoors, cut the bacon strip in half and put one half diagonally across the side facing down to moisten the meat as it cooks.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat on a charcoal, stovetop or electric grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve on lettuce-lined buns with a knob of cheese on top and a sprinkling of tomato sliver.