Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Why wait in the mile-long line at Dairy Queen in 90 degree heat, when you can make these easy, inexpensive treats at home! Just like a banana split, only better and with a fraction of the calories!
- 4 prepared crepes, warmed
- 8 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, less if crepes are very small
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 12 scoops sugar-free vanilla ice cream, use melon-baller
- 4 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup, Hershey's
- 1 cup sugar-free Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
- 4 fresh cherries, with stems, remove pits (or warn guests)
- 8 large blueberries
- mint leaf, sprigs optional garnish (optional)
- Prepare crepes, keep warm in low oven. *Frozen crepes can be used, follow package directions.
- Slice bananas, hull and slice strawberries.
- Carefully spread each crepe to edge with 2 Tbl. s/f strawberry all-fruit spread. *If difficult to spread, remove lid from jar and warm in microwave for 5 seconds at a time to soften, stirring after each time, until of easy spreading consistency.
- Place one banana slice down center of each crepe.
- Top each with blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Carefully roll up (or fold over sides), and place onto plates seam-side down.
- Using a melon-baller (or mini ice cream scoop, or small spoon), top each with 3 mini "scoops" of s/f vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle each with s/f chocolate syrup.
- Top each with a 1/4 cup s/f Cool Whip.
- Top each with a fresh cherry and 2 large blueberries.
- Sprinkle each with graham cracker crumbs.
- Garnish with mint leaf sprigs if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2-4.
- *Remember to warn people of the cherry pits!
- **Tip: Ice cream scoops/balls come out of utensil easily if utensil is dipped into a glass of hot water between each scoop. Scoops/balls can also be made ahead of time and placed in a bowl or on a lined cookie sheet, and placed into the freezer until needed.
This was simple quick and easy to put together. Personally I prefer it without the bananas, in which case I would replace them with strwaberries. But that's just personal preference. in any case I would make this again.