Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe lent to me by my friend, a Pampered Chef representative. She uses this cake as a demo at her house for her parties. Chocolate cake with a "raspberry pudding." I think it is like eating a giant chocolate truffle!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagewhole frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a rectangular baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread raspberries evenly over bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake according to package directions and pour batter over raspberries.
- Heat 2 cups of water until boiling and in mixing bowl, mix water, raspberry gelatin and cornstarch together.
- Pour gelatin over cake batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Chop chocolate up into small pieces and sprinkle over cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- May serve with whipped topping.
raspberry and chocolate together. one of my friend's wanted to eat this by herself and nearly did. i have to arm wrestle her for the last piece.(only kidding) but it does taste like a chocolate raspberry truffle, incredible and easy!!!
Oh my goodness Dawn...probably one of the best cakes around, made it this past weekend for company, the just loved it... it's just delicious, the raspberries seem to give it a real zing.... and easy to make also...a 5 star all the way. Thanx for a wonderful recipe :-)
I made this in two 9" round pans because I could not find my 9"x13". It worked out great, I was able to keep one at my place, and bring one to work. Everyone loved it, and ate it all up right away. They all asked for the recipe too. I was a bit worried pouring all that jello on it, but it turned out amazing. Definitely will make again. Thanks for the recipe!!