Recipe by Dawn
This is a recipe lent to me by my friend, a Pampered Chef representative. She uses this cake as a demo at her house for her parties. Chocolate cake with a "raspberry pudding." I think it is like eating a giant chocolate truffle!
Top Review by mandabears
raspberry and chocolate together. one of my friend's wanted to eat this by herself and nearly did. i have to arm wrestle her for the last piece.(only kidding) but it does taste like a chocolate raspberry truffle, incredible and easy!!!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagewhole frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a rectangular baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread raspberries evenly over bottom of pan.
- Prepare cake according to package directions and pour batter over raspberries.
- Heat 2 cups of water until boiling and in mixing bowl, mix water, raspberry gelatin and cornstarch together.
- Pour gelatin over cake batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Chop chocolate up into small pieces and sprinkle over cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- May serve with whipped topping.