Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe from The Breakfast Cook, and had to add it to my collection!
Make and share this Red Velvet Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, butter and food coloring.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until combined.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto a hot pan or skillet and cook until batter begins to bubble; flip and cook until fluffy.
- Enjoy with whipped mascarpone and syrup.