Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I've had and love red velvet cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and doughnuts. (If you're ever in Atlanta, visit Sublime Doughnuts for their awesome Red Velvet Doughnuts! - www.sublimedoughnuts.com). But I'd never heard of red velvet pancakes until I saw this recipe. Try them topped with sweetened mascarpone or whipped cream cheese and a sprinkling of chopped pecans!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and red food coloring.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour until just combined.
- Ladle 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot buttered skillet and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until golden on the bottom.