Recipe by mailbelle
I've had and love red velvet cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and doughnuts. (If you're ever in Atlanta, visit Sublime Doughnuts for their awesome Red Velvet Doughnuts! - www.sublimedoughnuts.com). But I'd never heard of red velvet pancakes until I saw this recipe. Try them topped with sweetened mascarpone or whipped cream cheese and a sprinkling of chopped pecans!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and red food coloring.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour until just combined.
- Ladle 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot buttered skillet and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook until golden on the bottom.