Recipe by Annacia
A wonderful ice (sorbet) for any time of the year. Cooling in the summer and gorgeous cranberry red for the winter holidays. You can't forget Valentines day either. Time is prep only, does not include chilling or freezing.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was very refreshing. It was a little more tart than sweet, but it was still quite tasty and wonderful. I didn't strain the cranberries to remove the skins but instead pulsed the cooked berries in my food processor for about 30 seconds, and I'm glad I did that because it deepened the red color of the sorbet which I think made it more appealing. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Annacia. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 lbs cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice (seperate into 2 cups each)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cranberries, combine with only 2 cups apple juice and sugar in a large pot.
- Cook on high/medium high until cranberries pop -- about 8 minutes.
- Put through a food mill.
- Add remaining ingredients and chill well.
- Put this mixture into an electric freezer or a hand cranked one.
- Read the directions on your freezer for the time or crank till it freezes.
- Serve frozen mixture in champagne glasses. It will work.